Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Taking the Plunge

After nearly three months, I now have a phone of my own. Today's equation:  new phone = new woman!

Seriously, I feel quite empowered now... kinda wondering why I held out for so long. In any event, a new friend from church met me in Sinchon this afternoon and helped me negotiate my way through a cell phone contract. Although there were forms to complete, which she graciously translated for me, the whole process was far smoother than any I'd experienced back in the States. And my new phone is so cool! It's the Lollipop model made by LG, and it's super cute and very high-tech.

After our cell phone success in Sinchon, we trekked to the Hongik University Area which is really artsy and ripe for to exploring. We found a great burger joint and then meandered over to an awesome cafe. The space is a dream for anyone interested in modern furniture and design. I should've taken more pictures, but here's what I've got:
 

 
One more highlight from today:  it snowed! Technically we had snow on Saturday, but it didn't stick. Today's, however, lasted for a bit and looked like icing on the trees.

2 comments:

  1. It snowed here in Sacramento area too a little Sunday night. It really changes the mood having snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear from you, Marc. Stay warm, and tell Frosty hello.

    ReplyDelete