Sunday, December 20, 2009

Double Hallelujah

Still on a high from last night's sublime music event, I walked into church today and discovered that the choir was to perform several selections from Messiah. They sang beautifully, and once again I listened in amazement to the songs of exuberant praise. I was overwhelmed with feelings of gratitude, joy, and peace. And then it was my turn to give the closing prayer. Just before I went up, the assistant pastor told me to walk quickly to the front so that there would be minimal pauses in the broadcast... broadcast?! Yes, this service was being filmed for online audiences which I'd forgotten about. So, I then got nervous and fumbled through some wording. Not catastrophic, but slightly embarrassing nonetheless. Oh well, my recently adopted theme is: may I decrease that He would increase, so I won't fret over it. Anyway, I'd rather reflect on the real reason we're celebrating Christmas!

It's going to be a big week... my dad arrives in 4 days!

1 comment:

  1. hi Jennifer, I found your blog. We met in the Church 5th Dec in the workshop if you remember.:D
    I think you did it great.
    I was there in that 2 events also. hehehe..
    I was overwhelmed if hear and sing Halleluyah. Awesome!!

    If I'm not wrong, the themes would be the qoute from ODB several days ago, is'n it?

    regards

    Indra

    ReplyDelete