Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve

No doubt about it, this is the most unusual Christmas Eve I've experienced... in fact, the only constant is that I'm celebrating with my Dad*. Well, actually, he's back at his hotel now, but we had dinner together (Asian fusion!). Afterward, we walked over to Lotte Department Store so that I could verify the insanity of Christmas Eve shopping here -it was definitely chaotic. Hoards of people lining up to get their Christmas cakes -no joke.

Back at my apartment now, listening to carols as I type. I can't recall a time when I didn't go to church on Christmas Eve, so I'm really looking forward to the service tomorrow afternoon.

*It was such an exciting and emotional moment to see him walk through the airport gate. I am incredibly grateful to my Mom and sisters for sharing him this holiday... can't imagine how lonely I'd feel all by myself.



(you can kinda tell how excited i was by the blurriness!)

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to 2/5 of my family in Seoul, Korea. Thank you for taking the photo of Dad walking through the door...it brought tears to my eyes.
    I know you will be blessed to have him with you on this very special time of year for Christians.
    I love you,
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is that pic of Dad! I am so happy that you have some family to spend Christmas with! :) I hope you have a wonderful time together! Love you both so much!

    ReplyDelete