Thursday, December 31, 2009

National Museum, Revisited

My dad and I got a later start than usual today, and I think it's because we're both feeling tired from a week of sightseeing. No worries though... we were able to Skype with loved ones back home which was a real treat.

Given that -8C (17.6F) was predicted for today's high, it seemed like a good day to focus on indoor activity. With that in mind, we targeted the National Museum. I hadn't been back since October, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. In fact, I'd like to go more often as it's such a beautiful + elegantly designed space with an exhaustive permanent collection. Had a ball snapping loads of pictures while pretending to work for Architectural Digest:

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

Afterward, we headed to Dongdaemun Shopping Center which was in full swing. Bought some souvenirs and caught a few hip-hop dance contests. Then, onto dinner to ring in the New Year. We opted for traditional Korean barbecue, and the meal was both good and interactive (tending to the meat and vegetables on the grill).

 

It's nearly midnight here, and I'm blogging from my warm bed; the thought of being outdoors in the current 12F temp seems like madness. I'll follow local custom and make a bigger to do over Lunar New Year. For now, however, I'm celebrating 2010's arrival with a solid night's rest.

Cheers to you, and Happy New Year.

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year Jennifer! Beautiful Pictures!

    ReplyDelete