Saturday, December 26, 2009

Saturday Wipe Out

An action-packed day, and I'm wiped. We started out in Insadong where we met my adopted Korean family. They treated us to a wonderful lunch at a fantastic restaurant in a refurbished traditional home. The food was very good and aesthetically pleasing, too.

 
 

After lunch, my dad and I visited Gyeongbokgung Palace for a quick tour. It was unbelievably cold, and while we didn't last long outdoors, we walked briskly and were able to cover much of the grounds.

 
 
 

 
 
 

From Gyeongbokgung, we walked to Samcheong-dong and had coffee and waffles -quite the trendy food combo right now, and that neighborhood has an abundance of cafes serving it up; I counted at least a dozen, but there's probably more. After waffles, it was onto the flagship Lotte Department Store in Myeongdong to check out the food halls -they are expansive and always bustling. I forgot to snap pics because of all the commotion...

Afterward, we headed back to my neighborhood and ate dinner at a place known for its fresh noodles. They were delicious and hit the spot. I am now exhausted and ready to fall asleep.

(As fun as today was, the best part was getting to see and talk with tons of family on Skype -love you all!)

No comments:

Post a Comment