Monday, December 14, 2009

Monday, Monday

As I strive to be a person who is content in all circumstances, I endeavor to maintain a consistent level of joy and not let daily events affect my mood. However, when something really unusual or unexpected happens, I'm still apt to get an extra bounce in my step...

Take today, for example. Monday's bad rap goes back generations, and I've yet to embrace it quite as enthusiastically as the other days:
Monday, Monday... can't trust that day. Every other day of the week is fine, but when every Monday comes, you can find me crying all of the time...
Okay, it's never been that bad, but you know what I mean, right?

Anyway, I got to work and waiting for me was a fun, eclectic care package from my uncle. The many assorted items he sent will allow me to eat something western every day for the next month straight. That said, right now I'm trying to figure out how to stretch a package of tortillas and a can of refried beans indefinitely as those items were the staples of my Californian diet. Thanks for your thoughtfulness, Uncle Fog. I'll think of you fondly with each matzo ball I roll.

I received another surprise today, but given the sender's deep interest in privacy, I'll refrain from saying anything embarrassing. You know who you are though, and I'm sure you know I loved the surprise. Thank you.   

2 comments:

  1. Eclectic is a good word for what it was; call it the 'Americana-sampler'...everything from Mexican to Jewish to poor-white-trash. What a change from the homogeneous society you're experiencing. We'll miss you terribly this Christmas and your tasty cooking; maybe you can make tofu gnocchi and create a new food craze here in California!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy that you had a pick-me-up! Mondays are always hard :) You have me wondering about your secret surprise, too... enjoy your treats! Love you so much! And I second Uncle Bobby with missing you terribly this Christmas... more than words can express!

    ReplyDelete