Saturday, May 22, 2010

On Reality


Besides being complicated, reality, in my experience, is usually odd. It is not neat, not obvious, not what you expect.      -C.S. Lewis

Full of contradictions, incongruities, and twists, it really is an adventure. Maybe that's part of the fun... 

With no real agenda, I would up covering a lot of ground this afternoon and evening. Along with a friend, I trekked through Myeongdong, Insadong, Samcheongdong, Cheonggyecheon, and then later around the neighborhood where Konkuk University is located. Lots of walking, good snacking, and most significantly:  exposure to creative sights which helped recharge my appreciation for this time and place, my present reality. I should've taken photos but was too caught up in absorbing it all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment