Sunday, May 9, 2010

Apple Peel

Another busy, though productive, day. After church I went to dinner with friends, all of whom have a tie to California -fitting that we would dine at California Pizza Kitchen. The BBQ Chicken Salad never tasted so good, even if the portion size was more akin to a side salad. Following dinner, a friend and I strolled around Myeong-dong, although as I type this, I'm realizing that strolled is not an appropriate verb. Any walk through that area requires great focus as there are people everywhere, and they tend to move erratically, often crossing in your path. Artful dodging is an absolute imperative for a successful, accident-free trek in Myeong-dong, and many other places for that matter.

It's always fun to visit the myriad cosmetic stores and sample their array of products. I've noticed that the locals seem quite preoccupied with skin care. Perhaps to my detriment, I've never given it a lot of thought, but living here has slowly worn me down. It may have something to do with the fact that whenever I pop into a beauty shop, the sales girls always ask me if I'm looking for skin whitening cream (ironic, since to my recollection, I've never been this pale in my life even during the three years I spent in England). I usually respond by saying something about wanting a tanning cream, not a lightening one.

Anyway, tonight I broke down and bought a peeling product, primarily because the sales girl applied it to my hand, and then later I watched in awe as she massaged away loads of dry skin. Of course, the packaging certainly helped seal my decision. Too cute, right?

1 comment: