Sunday, May 30, 2010

Hello, Bob!

In 24 hours I experienced two of my worst haircuts ever (I actually paid for two yesterday -both equally terrible) and one of my best.

Still feeling like Joan Jett meets Dorothy Hamill when I awoke this morning, I was all the more determined to make lemonade out of lemons. I had long-wanted to try a bob, but never quite worked up the nerve. However, the extremely short face-framing pieces produced from yesterday's outing gave me the necessary resolve to move ahead. I'd begun preparing for the transformation last night, asking a girl I'd met to write out explicit instructions in Korean to create a bob with the hair I still had left. I also double-checked on the reputation of a styling chain I'd seen around town (Juno Hair). Then this afternoon, I arrived at the shop and found a photo in their book which resembled the style I was hoping for. Less than an hour later, I felt like a new woman. Wow!  

The guy who cut my hair did a fabulous job and took painstaking care to ensure that every strand was sufficiently in place. I can heartily recommend this place and this particular stylist, so if you have any interest, let me know and I'll get you the details.   

No comments:

Post a Comment