Tuesday, May 18, 2010

On Inertia


Be very careful how you live -not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity.  -Ephesians 5:15-16

As I decompress from a very long though interesting day, I am thinking about a bunch of different things. At times, while I'm in the middle of sorting through various aspects of my life, it helps to step back to gain perspective. Right now I am pondering these thoughts (once again from Mark Batterson's invaluable book In a Pit With a Lion): 
  • We usually regret our actions over the short-term. But over the long haul, we tend to regret inaction.  
  • Sometimes taking a calculated risk means giving up something good so you can experience something great. 
  • If you wait for perfect conditions before you seize an opportunity, you'll be waiting till the day you die.

No comments:

Post a Comment