Sunday, May 9, 2010

Head Shots

I'm embarrassed to admit how I spent a few hours on Saturday, but because I support my own journalistic integrity, it's probably only fair to disclose rather than edit out life's awkward bits (besides, I already leave out a lot!).

So, Saturday afternoon was largely about me trying to get the all-important, multi-purpose, professionally-attired head shot. As both photographer and subject, I had my work cut out for me. Generally speaking, I'd rate my photography skills, by subject matter, as follows:
  • landscapes and buildings:  decent
  • people:  not too great
  • self:  disastrous
After two-plus hours of shooting with my iPhone (!), I had little to show for my efforts, which is pathetic because I must have taken well over 200 pictures. Of those I did not delete, only a handful are usable, and even then, the picture quality isn't good -mainly blurry or overexposed or my dark circles look like black eyes...

Here's what I'm willing to post:
 

But the one that seems most like me is not actually usable, at least for the intended purpose:

Should we take a vote?

4 comments:

  1. The last one with the pearls and blue collar kind of resembles Audrey Tatou? :) The other hree do not look like you at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know... very odd-looking.

    ps: love my pearls ;) talk with you in a few hours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh haha! that is just so me..I'm like that sometimes, taking headshots. well, I kinda' like the first photo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the second one

    Remember I must compare it to the last time I was with you in Chicago......

    Brian Walsh

    ReplyDelete