Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving, Round Two

This afternoon I ate my second traditional Thanksgiving dinner of the week. Today's was at the home of my pastor and his wife. Ironically, most of the food was catered and came from Yongsan base, so it had a familiar taste. It was nice to fellowship with other Americans over mashed potatoes, stuffing, and pecan pie. Apparently the guys at the base can eat like this pretty much whenever, but for me, it'll likely be a long time before I ingest those heavenly carbs again. Kinda wish I'd gone for a second slice of pecan pie....

After dinner I took the subway to Insadong and had fun walking the main street. There are tons of vendors selling Korean trinkets, and I bought little souvenirs for some of you. It's hard not to go crazy when it comes to shopping here. There are just so many cute things, particularly relevant to young girls and/or anyone else who's mad about Hello Kitty and pink and white polka dots.

No comments:

Post a Comment