Sunday, November 22, 2009

Happy (early) Thanksgiving

Have just returned from Yongsan Military Base where I celebrated Thanksgiving with a colleague and her church friends. There was a large group of us -at least 100- and a ton of food. I think my body is now in shock from all the western delicacies I consumed including, but not limited to:  sweet potatoes, stuffing, mashed potatoes, turkey, ham, cherry pie, and pumpkin pie (2 slices!). The food was good, and I waaaaay overdid it although I managed to skip the kimchi -got such a kick out of seeing a big bowl of it at the buffet.

I had to smile on the way over; here I was en route to a U.S. military base to have Thanksgiving dinner with a bunch of Canadians, Australians, Americans, and Koreans. Yet we were united by One crucial common denominator.   God is good.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, our God is good no matter what.
    Dad and I prayed that you would be blessed in a special way as you celebrated Thanksgiving on a U.S.Army base in Korea.
    Love the way He gave you a unique assortment of friends to enjoy the day.
    Love you,
    mom

    ReplyDelete