Thursday, November 12, 2009

Sick

What is it about being sick that makes one miss her mother more than ever? In this case, maybe it's because my mom took such great care of me as I recovered from shoulder surgery this summer (forever grateful, Mom!).

This week at work has been challenging primarily because I'm trying to learn the art of feigning good health. We've been down a teacher the last 2 weeks, so staying home really hasn't been an option. At the same time, there's heightened sensitivity to any and all illnesses due to the rampant spread of H1N1, so I've been doing all I can to avoid concerning my students with sporadic bouts of sneezing and coughing. The last few days have been real-time training in how to teach English while under the influence of antibiotics, antihistamines, and anti-bacterial wash. Not sure how well I've done; thank goodness tomorrow's Friday.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry I cannot be there to make you Chicken soup.
    Feel better soon.
    Love you,
    mom

    ReplyDelete