Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Pepero Day

Wishing you and yours a very happy Pepero Day.

Oh! you have no idea what I'm talking about.....? (actually, a few of you native Koreans are probably smiling as you remember this occasion) 

Today, November 11th, is Pepero Day, a holiday allegedly drummed up by the folks at Lotte Corp., a mega-consumer products company. The holiday plays off the resemblance between the date (11-11) and the shape of Pepero Sticks (long, thin cookies covered in chocolate). Basically, it's like Valentine's Day, but instead of swapping cards, you give out these chocolate sticks. I gave out large Pepero Sticks, wrapped individually in heart paper, to all of my students, and they seemed pleased. A few students brought me candy which, of course, pleased me. Will include a Pepero image for your reference asap.

No comments:

Post a Comment