Sunday, November 15, 2009

A Few More Firsts

What a packed Sunday it turned out being! Last night I went to bed with every intention of attending Young Nak's 10am church service. However, it wasn't meant to be as I woke up at 11am. Waiting in my in-box was an email asking me to speak at the afternoon service to promote the church's professional young adults network (Meet Up group). I was happy to help as I've been very blessed already through my affiliation with its members.

So, today's firsts included:
  • 1st public speaking opportunity
  • 1st time eating Mexican food
  • 1st lantern festival 
Public Speaking
Disclaimer:  I need more practice. However, some people approached me afterward to inquire about tonight's Meet Up activity (which I'd highlighted in my talk), and subsequently I went from being undecided about attending to co-leading the event, which is how I wound up eating Mexican food.

In this way, Seoul reminds me very much of my days in NYC when I'd walk out the door in the morning for work or wherever, and a myriad of unexpected activities would unfold.

Mexican Food
Not bad! The group dined at Tomatillo's, located very near to Cheong-Gye-Cheon and the Lantern Festival. Tomatillo's reminded me of Chipotle in that you customize your taco, burrito, etc. with the meat and fillers offered; yet also unlike Chipotle because I'd actually go to Tomatillo's again.

Lantern Festival
Not sure about the history of this event or who made the lanterns or anything substantive from a factual standpoint, but they sure looked pretty all lit up. See photos below:

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment