I've been thinking about the last 25 days and how the adjustment's going. It may surprise you to know that I:
- have easily eaten more tofu during this 3 1/2 week span than I have in my entire life.
- am bordering on vegetarianism (but only because I'm currently being extra-frugal).
- still don't own a full-length mirror.
- have yet to purchase a hairdryer.
- usually cannot fall asleep without some sort of sleep aid -still working on blocking out noise from neighbors and the alley below.
- have not yet consumed food or beverages from any of the following: KFC, Domino's, Starbucks, Cold Stone, McDonald's, or Krispy Kreme (but if I miraculously run across a Taco Bell, that'll be another story).
- have also avoided Pizza Hut and Burger King, although these two didn't tempt me back home.
- have indulged a few times at Baskin Robbins and Dunkin' Donuts.
- have become obsessed with roti bread, a mocha-flavored bun that's rich in butter and over-the-top delicious. It tastes even better than it smells, which itself is heavenly. Rotiboy is a bakery that specializes in this treat. Their slogan? "One is never enough. Buns to die for." Well said. I may actually wind up doing an entire post on this topic. They are that amazing.
(temporarily borrowing this image until I take some pics of my own)
There are other things that have surprised me... I just can't remember them all right now.