A friend gave me a book today, and I'm already 40 pages into it. The book is In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day by Mark Batterson. It's a simple though thought-provoking read with very relevant insights. A sampling:
- Spiritual maturity is seeing and seizing God-ordained opportunities.
- Maybe God wants to stack the odds against us so we can experience a miracle of divine proportions.
- Maybe our impossible situations are opportunities to experience a new dimension of God's glory.
- Goodness is not the absence of badness. You can do nothing wrong and still do nothing right... Our calling is much higher than simply running away from what's wrong. We're called to chase lions.
- Our greatest regrets in life will be missed opportunities.
Even though I'm only in Chapter Two, I highly recommend this book, especially for those of you who are dreaming big and need some extra-motivation to take that first calculated risk.