Tuesday, March 9, 2010

How Did I Get Here?

Today was one of those rare days where if you'd told me things would play out they way they did, I'd have a seriously hard time believing you. To paraphrase the Talking Heads:
You may find yourself in another part of the world... you may ask yourself, well, how did I get here?
I went to bed last night thinking I'd be attending a morning meeting with two others to discuss the Project; when I awoke, there was an email mentioning a change in plans. Boy, was there ever! I can't say too much, but for posterity want to record that it was a very special meeting indeed. There were actually 13 of us in attendance; I was the only Caucasian and the only one who didn't speak Korean. Yet, the Common Denominator that we shared was, and is, the most awesome and powerful one.
 
While initially perhaps I felt kinda out of place, I got past it, especially as I reflected on things. I am now in a situation where the following elements (and surely some that I'm forgetting) are all coming together:  
  • my love for Jesus and a desire to share that Love with others
  • interest in CCM, cultivated over the last 9 years (thanks, largely, to a friend who introduced me to standout artists + Passion/268)
  • MBA studies
  • experience launching an e-commerce site in the hip hop space
  • residence in Korea 
When I break it down like that, then put myself back in the place where I was earlier today, it's hard not to think that it's all part of a bigger plan. This goes back to what I mentioned earlier this week:  I do not think these events are random at all.

Very, very excited to see what happens.  

No comments:

Post a Comment