Saturday, January 9, 2010

Intensives, Day Five

Forgot to set my alarm last night and scrambled to get ready when I woke up at 8:15am. Easy mistake. After all, today is Saturday, and the last few days have left me exhausted. Fortunately I made it to work with a few minutes to spare and even had time to grab a Pepsi Nex. My energy levels followed the pattern I mentioned in yesterday's post, although at this hour I feel so tired and incoherent, I don't think I have more than a few sentences left in me.

The students were bummed about coming to school on Saturday (especially since many of them already have weekends crammed with other extra-curriculars, like math academy, art classes, piano lessons...). I tried to be extra-fun and gave them more latitude than usual. Word searches related to the readings, lots of stickers, and a can of Pringles went a long way in making class seem special (and the students enjoyed them, too).

No comments:

Post a Comment