Thursday, July 1, 2010

KU


Today was my first day working as an instructor of Konkuk University. I'll be teaching English to a range of students in various classes -primarily university credit courses and some non-credit courses, too. Today's assignment was a tad unconventional in that I visited the home of two brothers and tutored them there. They were a hoot -energetic and eager to answer all the questions I posed to them as we read through a story together. My predecessor had warned me that they'd choose an easy read from their vast collection of books, and right on cue they did; we compromised and went with a mid-level story.  

I was happy with how the lesson went. Not only were the boys animated and fun, I applied a few techniques acquired at my previous job. Nice to have the chance to tap into those learnings already.

No comments:

Post a Comment