Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy ATM Day

Although it was by no means the highlight of my day, I had a minor freak-out. While I was attempting to get cash from an ATM, the machine malfunctioned, dispensed no money, and kept my card. Watching this all unfold, about a dozen scenarios raced through my mind, none of them positive, and I kinda panicked. But then, as I came to my senses, I turned to find a couple behind me and asked them for help; the girl spoke enough English to understand my dilemma. I'm not sure what she did, or what exactly happened, but within a minute or two, my card popped out of the machine. We were both happy with the outcome, me slightly more so.

In other news, it's strange to be away from the States on July 4th. I think I said Happy 4th to only one person today. So, I'll close by addressing all the Americans out there:  Happy 4th to you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment