Sunday, July 25, 2010

Any Given Day

My sincere apologies for the lapse in posts. I'm still adjusting to my new schedule and with it, a more frenetic pace. Going well thus far... just hectic. Or, as they say here:  Pali, Pali (Faster, Faster! or:  Hurry, Hurry!).

It's amazing what you can experience during any given day in Seoul. On Friday, I was in Itaewon where I helped students interview foreigners for a course project. I also introduced them to Taco Bell for their own personal gastronomical development. 


While in Itaewon, I popped into Tartine, a tiny bakery renowned for their scrumptious tarts (they did not disappoint; the pecan pie a la mode was divine.). 

On Saturday night, I was out in Hongdae with friends. We ate dinner at the Sexy Pig where we dined on galbi and sam gap sal. The restaurant's name and logo had long intrigued some of us, so we finally checked it out. After dinner we headed to a Moroccan wine bar which had a very cool ambiance. It was in the basement of a building and had really high ceilings. We sat on cushions on the floor (which reminds me, I need to work on my flexibility...). From there we went dancing at Jane's Groove. Those who know me may recall that dancing is not one of my gifts, but I wanted to be a good sport. And anyway, for me at least, it was really more about the sensational people-watching. I felt like a behavioral scientist observing the wide range of activity surrounding me.
the irresistible Sexy Pig

And now, time for bed. Exciting week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment