Thursday, July 15, 2010

Growing Up


Lately I've been thinking about a passage from Mere Christianity. Since it's been on my mind, I thought I'd share it with you:
When the most important things in our life happen we quite often do not know, at the moment, what is going on. A man does not always say to himself, 'Hullo! I'm growing up.' It is often only when he looks back that he realises what has happened and recognises it as what people call 'growing up.' [...] it may be so gradual that no one could ever point to a particular hour or even a particular year. And what matters is the change itself, not how we feel while it is happening.
 -C.S. Lewis

Maybe those words will get you thinking about your circumstances in a new way; they've certainly inspired me, particularly as I'm immersing myself in a new job and environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment