Saturday, November 27, 2010

Stars and A-Lines

[I had intended the following entry to go out on Friday, November 26 -Seoul time- however, I wasn't able to get it posted in time.]

Today I am particularly grateful for a few superstar students. They're so committed to learning English that not only are they enrolled in my general course, they're also taking one of my conversation classes where they have a cozier environment to practice speaking. After our lesson wrapped yesterday, I turned the tables and asked them if they could help me with some Korean. I wanted to get my hair cut in a specific way but currently lack the requisite Korean vocabulary to articulate the specifics. The students listened attentively to my description and then wrote down detailed notes for me to show the stylist. I'm happy to report that they did a stellar job, and I'm now sporting the A-line, long bob cut I've been wanting.
Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.   -Luke 12:7

 

No comments:

Post a Comment