Sunday, November 21, 2010

The Red Tree Grows


Since it's the week of Thanksgiving, I thought I'd focus each day's post on something for which I'm grateful.

There's a tree on campus that is so bright and so vividly red, it doesn't even seem real, at least not to a California girl like me (we don't have anything like this in SoCal!). The tree has taken on quite a legendary quality -people stop to gawk at it, take photos of it, and even get their picture with it. For all I know, its leaves may have changed dramatically over the weekend, and it may look completely different tomorrow. But I remain ever-grateful for it. Not only has this tree given me numerous moments of sheer delight when I've passed by, it also points to the infinite creativity and imagination of the Lord.

Then God said, "Let the land produce vegetation:  seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds."  And it was so.   -Genesis 1:11
 



3 comments:

  1. Korea is so colorful! Thank you for the beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She lies and says she's in love with you
    Can't find a Better Man
    She dreams in color
    She dreams in red
    Can't find a Better Man

    ReplyDelete
  3. how beautiful!!!! thanks so much for sharing these amazing photos!!

    ReplyDelete