Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Progress

Another day, another Korean lesson down. Happy to report minor progress. At least tonight I could answer the three questions posed by my teacher at the start of class:  What is your name? Where are you from? What is your job? From that point on though, it was all pretty much a blur.

Will definitely need to set aside serious time over the weekend to buckle down and learn my letters and corresponding sounds. Some sounds sound so similar (hello, alliteration!), and I'm really struggling to differentiate. One classmate noted that we have the same issue in English and then recalled a time he had to explain to his own students the difference between "unique" and "eunuch." I'm still cracking up over that one -especially as I try to remember the different pronunciations (and meanings) of bang (방) -room- and ppang (빵) -bread.   

No comments:

Post a Comment