Thursday, June 10, 2010

Be Like Joseph

Every person who keeps a grudge, every person who stays resentful, every person that holds onto their anger towards someone who's wronged them is sitting in God's seat.          -Tim Keller

In the past few days, I've been listening to a sermon Tim Keller gave on reconciliation. Actually, I've already listened to it three times and will probably listen several more times to reinforce it. The sermon focuses on the Genesis story of Joseph and his brothers, and the message is timely. While the circumstances of Joseph's life were quite extreme, each of us experiences moments when we feel wronged. Like today. As I'm reflecting on the weighty words of Tim's message, I find myself in the midst of a real opportunity to be like Joseph and do the right thing.

It's not easy!   

2 comments:

  1. Jennifer,
    As I marinate in my study on the Fruit of the Spirit and Esther, I am reminded that we are never more like Jesus than when we respond, as He did, when treated unjustly.
    Joseph, one of my favorite people in the OT, was a foreshadow of our Redeemer.
    Love you,
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes, one who feels wronged should reflect on those they themselves may have slighted...its all about perspective.
    Redemption requires opportunity.

    ReplyDelete