Saturday, February 13, 2010

V-Day

Since I'll be traveling the next four days, I wanted to do quick post to wish everyone lots of love and a very happy, early Valentine's Day. I've learned that V-Day in Korea is not quite the extravaganza that it is back home. For example, while young couples may celebrate it (generally, guys buy girls chocolate; then in March there's another holiday where girls do something for the guys), schoolchildren don't get caught up in buying cards for their peers, parents, or teachers. I passed out valentines to all of my students this week, and they didn't really comprehend the concept. Plus, they looked at me like I was a martian.

Unlike in the States, I was not bombarded with hearts, flowers, or messages of love in the days and weeks leading up to February 14th. However, I did see some displays and snapped a few photos:

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment