Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Square Jaw

This isn't particularly funny, but given that I've been struggling with writer's block for the past 48 hours, I'll mention it anyway. One of my middle school students asked me tonight if I rested my hands on my face a lot and pulled back the skin around my jawline (nb:  she didn't ask it in those exact words, but through hand gestures and broken English I deduced her meaning). She was curious to know if I'd had surgery to make my jaw square instead of rounded. Then, she brought up the cleft in my chin -saying it was cute and wondering if I got it from pushing my index finger into that part of my face. She definitely seemed earnest in wanting to find out the answers, so I held back my laughter and explained it away through genetics. Too bad my parents weren't present to back me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment