Monday, December 19, 2011

Journey



Don't stop believin', hold on to that feelin'.  -Journey

One of my favorite places in all of Seoul is Journey -a Kondae bar, owned and operated by Jason Yim. My friends here know that Journey is where I like to go to listen to good tunes and enjoy good conversation.

There are several reasons why Journey is special, but first and foremost is Jason himself. He has an encyclopedic knowledge of 20th century music, and his memory for customer names and details is extraordinary. His music collection is comprised of more than 6,000 albums, and he knows exactly where to locate any song that customers request.

On this, my last night in Korea, I'm reflecting on the things I'll miss most. Jason and Journey rank high on the list.










 

No comments:

Post a Comment