Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Outcome

Well, what do you know... it worked. Apparently getting one's mind off oneself really does make a difference. Obviously (or maybe not so obviously) I knew that intellectually, but it was beneficial to put it into practice.

The playlist definitely helped me reframe:
  • Breathe on Me, Jennifer Knapp (played this one about 7 times)
  • Your Grace Is Enough, Chris Tomlin
  • Song of Hope, Robbie Seay Band
  • You Never Let Go, Matt Redman
  • Healing Is in Your Hands, Christy Nockels
  • Above All, Lenny LeBlanc
And my new Nike Frees made me feel like I was lighter than air, so I wound up running most of the time. Speaking of wardrobe, my entire ensemble was an apt metaphor for something... maybe for me. I'd inadvertently put on UCLA track pants, a Texas tee, and my Yankees hat, and I realized as much once I was out the door. All of those places have had a profound impact in shaping my perspective on life and various cultures; no doubt my time in Seoul has already contributed much to that perspective, too.

Initially my thoughts were on running -surprised at how great it felt (the shoes!) and shocked at my ability to do it (I will pay for this decision tomorrow... my muscles are already sore). Gradually, though, my mind zeroed in on the message behind the lyrics I was listening to, especially these by Matt Redman:
Even when I’m caught in the middle of the storms of this life
I won’t turn back
I know You are near

And I will fear no evil
For my God is with me
And if my God is with me
Whom then shall I fear?
Oh no, You never let go
Through the calm and through the storm
Oh no, You never let go
In every high and every low
Oh no, You never let go
Lord, You never let go of me

No comments:

Post a Comment