Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Oasis


After what can only be described (in this public forum) as a totally unexpected and bizarre incident yesterday, it was comforting to meet with friends over lunch at the aptly named Oasis restaurant in Cheongdam.  

Everything about the place is essentially how I'd want to assemble a cafe, should I ever have one to call my own. The food (panini, salads, cakes) was outstanding, and the ambiance truly lovely. Fresh flowers in colorful arrangements were in abundant supply and included all my favorites, too -peonies, blue delphinium, ranunculus... The walls had a rustic, unfinished look, and tastefully stenciled onto them were inspiring words -a verse from Ecclesiastes and the cafe's motto:  Love and grace served here. The servers wore button-down pinstriped blouses accented with chic orange neckerchiefs, and they were attentive and cheerful. No doubt, I will be back. In fact, were it closer to my apartment, I'd probably take up part-time residence, doing everything but working and sleeping there.

The company was wonderful as well. As I reflect on our dialogue and their words of encouragement, I am reminded of these verses:
Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another -and all the more as you see the Day approaching.  -Hebrews 10:23-25   

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing that verse! How encouraging!

    ReplyDelete