Sunday, April 11, 2010

In a Pit..., Pt. 2

A few weeks ago I mentioned a book I'd started reading. Well, after temporarily getting sidetracked, I finally buckled down and finished it. Boy, do I feel motivated and inspired!  

I said it before but will do so again:  I highly recommend reading In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day, by Mark Batterson. It's helped recharge me while sharpening my focus and sense of purpose. Several thoughts jumped off the page for me, and I underlined something on nearly every page; here are a few highlights:
  • God breaks us where we need to be broken... and once we heal, we end up stronger than we were to begin with.
  • God is in the business of recycling our pain and using it for someone else's gain.
  • Trials have a way of helping us rediscover our purpose in life.
  • Don't let what's wrong with you keep you from worshiping what's right with God.
  • Many of our prayers are misguided. We pray for comfort instead of character. We pray for an easy way out instead of the strength to make it through.
  • Sometimes an unanswered prayer is God, in His sovereign wisdom, sparing us the pain of unintended consequences.
  • Think of every opportunity as a gift from God. What you do with that opportunity is your gift to God.

Here's a link to the book on Amazon so you can get your own copy:

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing! Very inspirational and great food for thought!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're welcome! i think you (and m) would really enjoy the book. love you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're welcome! i think you (and m) would really enjoy the book. love you! xo

    ReplyDelete