Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Non Blonde

Just a quick post as I'm about to embark on a hectic 24 hours. Tomorrow is an early wake up call to get across town in time for my appointment at the Immigration Office; then racing back to school for more training; followed by my teaching three sample lessons to my manager -science, grammar, and reading. (Incidentally, I learned today that I'm now teaching a social studies class, too). 

It's after 10:30pm, and I need to start prepping. But before doing so, I have an anecdote:  during another class observation, one teacher suggested I introduce myself to her students. Aware of their insatiable appetite for all things pertaining to marital status and family info, I shared the following:  I'm from California; I went to UCLA; and I have two younger sisters -both of whom have blonde hair and are married. Without missing a beat, one boy blurted out:  "maybe no blonde hair is why you no married."

2 comments:

  1. LOL.

    In the Agulia family, Candace is the only non blond (girl) who is married. Maybe there is something to that...

    ReplyDelete