There are many things I now keep track of that I once took for granted. Here are some:
- Turning on the boiler 5-10 minutes before I want to shower in order to have hot water. Remembering to turn it off afterward.
- Adjusting the switch in the bathroom from shower state back to faucet state once I'm finished or else risk getting drenched the next time I wash my hands in the sink (this will make more sense once I upload some apartment pics).
- Switching off the gas once I'm finished cooking.
- Separating my garbage: any food remains go into a green plastic bag while all other garbage goes into a white one. These are special bags coded for each neighborhood, and I've forgotten where to purchase them....
- Swiping my transportation card both as I enter and leave subway stations. Same goes for boarding and exiting the bus.
- Remembering the access codes to my building and apartment unit -no more keys!