Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Inspiration


One of my personal, modern-day heroes is David Batstone. David works tirelessly to raise awareness about human trafficking and to promote the re-abolition of slavery. He is the founder of Not For Sale, a movement that is dear to my heart^. 

When David mentions someone who inspires him, I take note. Yesterday he shared this quote from a fellow NFS board member:
I used to be afraid I wouldn't make enough money; but I'm more afraid now that I won't make enough impact.
 -Bob Goff, corporate attorney (who now spends 90% of his time fighting trafficking in Uganda)

Coupled with one of my favorite Bible passages, I've got some powerful inspiration to propel me in the days and months ahead as I embark on this next chapter:
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith -and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God- not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.  -Ephesians 2:8-10



No comments:

Post a Comment