Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Coffee Talk



My day got off to a grand start thanks to a morning rendezvous with AS at our local Starbucks.

Ain't it the truth that one of life's greatest joys is enjoying a cup of coffee with a good friend? And when it's Christmas Blend time at Starbucks, the joy is extra-sweet.

One of the most rewarding aspects of moving to Seoul has been the opportunity to become friends with some remarkable individuals who possess a great spirit of adventure. Not only do we talk about the usual things friends discuss, but we also get to bond over anecdotes from our zany personal stories known as My Life in Korea.

Of course, the flip side is that eventually people move away, move back... 

You'd think with all the moving I did as a child and throughout my adult life I'd be used to the long goodbye -you know, when one or both parties are gearing up for a move and they're trying to pack in as much time together beforehand. It doesn't get easier though. It does, however, make me ever-aware of Time's fleetingness and motivates me to make the most of each day's opportunities. 

(Dedicated to AS. Sure gonna miss you! I already do, and you haven't even left yet.)




No comments:

Post a Comment