Monday, September 27, 2010

Zee Whopper

In class today we were discussing healthy lifestyles and eating habits. I asked various students if they ate a healthy diet. My favorite response came from a French student who's here on an exchange program. Here's a paraphrase of our conversation:
Me:  Is your diet healthy?
Student:  It was in Paris but not here.
Me:  Why not? What changed?
Student:  Now in Korea I must go to zee Burger King because Korean food does not fill me up. So now I must eat zee Whopper.
I was smiling and laughing along with him because I know exactly what he means! Rarely do I experience that full feeling (maybe I'm not supposed to at this age). Another student piped in and suggested drinking "a lot of water" to feel full.

I find that drinking coffee (lots of it) can work as an appetite suppressant. Readers, any other ideas? 

1 comment:

  1. It will not be the same but I suggest exploring restaurants in Itaewon. You might get pleasantly surprised.

    ReplyDelete