Thursday, September 16, 2010

Something's Fishy

Well, I'll be darned... it's becoming increasingly evident that the reason I was so nauseous and sick last week is probably due to the glucosamine supplements I'd begun taking. After a few days I became suspicious that they were the culprit because it occurred to me that I felt worse after ingesting them. I checked the label, and wouldn't you know, shellfish was highlighted as an ingredient; strangely enough, the specific fish listed were the ones I'd typically been able to handle (shrimp, crab, lobster). Based on today's observation, it looks like those days are over:  I had a bite of crab with some rice at lunch, and within three hours, my lunch was down the toilet. 

I now know 2 things for certain:
  1. I'm not built for bulimia.
  2. All shellfish is off-limits.
Case closed. Bring on the beef. 

No comments:

Post a Comment