Monday, September 13, 2010

An American Girl

Last week I had dinner with two former students. We got to talking about differences between Korea and America (shocker), and then the conversation turned more personal in that we discussed the stereotypical traits of females of each country. 

To sum up their observations:
Korean girls want to be thought of as cute, sweet, and innocent.

American girls want to be thought of as healthy, sexy, and strong.

I've been thinking about this assessment quite a lot, so much so that it inspired me to go running tonight. It had been awhile, but I was happy with the pace I maintained and the duration of the run. It felt great to have the strength to accomplish something physically demanding, and as an added bonus, I got those endorphins pumping from something other than chocolate.

Here's to being strong.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment