Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Hole

I'm grateful to my parents for many things, not least of which is their introducing me to the joy of reading at a very early age. My love for books has grown immeasurably since.

And as a resident of Seoul, I'm grateful for free access to books in English thanks to the awesome book-exchange I've got going with some friends (side note:  What the Book? in Itaewon is a haven for English-speaking bibliophiles -a huge bookstore with hundreds of titles and a terrific staff who's willing to order books that aren't in stock.). 

I've just begun reading The Hole in Our Gospel. Using autobiographical anecdotes, Richard Stearns discusses the hole that Christians have in their lives, an emptiness that stems from ignoring the poor. He speaks from experience having gone from being CEO of Lenox, Inc. to heading up World Vision. I'm only 25 pages in and already am inspired by his story. 

I know this is going to be one of those soul-jolting, life-changing books -like The Irresistible Revolution- and I'm excited about the influences it'll have on my lifestyle and heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment