Saturday, March 5, 2011

Good to Be

It's good to be back at work. The spring semester has gotten off to a strong start, and I am really enjoying my job. On Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday I met my new students -all 175 of them. The majority are freshmen -so bright and eager!- but in every class, I also recognized the familiar faces of students I'd taught previously. Must say, it was gratifying to see them again, as well as to hear other students say that their friends had recommended my class.

Two quotes to consider as I approach my responsibilities this term:
It takes a lifetime to build a good reputation, but you can lose it in a minute.  -Will Rogers 
Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.  -Proverbs 16:18
Or as my Dad often says:  keep within the guardrails.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment