Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Spot the Difference


Sure, it's easy to spot the difference when they're side-by-side. Or when I'm not walking absentmindedly through E-Mart with dinner on my mind. 

Unfortunately, I made the mistake of picking up a bundle of the wrong ramen (the one on the left). However, even after I got home, it took me awhile to figure this out. 

It wasn't until I began eating dinner that I clued in. As I took my first bite, I was overwhelmed by an unfamiliar taste. Thinking I was just being oversensitive, I had another bite whereupon I encountered the distinct and terrible taste of fishy kimchi. At that point, I scurried to get the remaining ramen out of my apartment so as to prevent the place from filling up with the increasingly strong fishy smell.

Lesson learned:  it pays to read Korean. Or at least take note of pictures on packaging.

No comments:

Post a Comment