Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Seeking Beauty


One lesson impressed upon me since moving to Korea is that beauty's where you find it.

Coming from a coastal town in Southern California where breathtaking sights are prevalent and the norm, it's taken some practice to consciously seek out beauty. However, as I mark my 20th month of living here, I must say that it's definitely worth the effort. 

The area of Seoul where I currently reside is not particularly pretty, but there are patches of loveliness within my grasp. It's great to stumble upon them accidentally, but it's also nice to know where to go when I'm in desperate need of a beauty fix. 

 

1 comment:

  1. You're right, I really miss the countryside from home, and the colours of spring, but then I the other day I noticed some flowers outside my apartment building and it really brightened up my day!

    ReplyDelete