Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Next or Last?

One of my favorite modern thinkers is Seth Godin. I read his blog every day, and usually it gets me thinking about things in a more efficient and innovative way. Today's post was a great example. To sum it up, when facing our daily workload and deadlines -at work or in our chosen craft or art- do we think about hurrying through to get onto the next task or do we give each item careful thought and creative consideration?

I love how he put it:
Perhaps the alternative is instead of thinking, "next," we can think, "last!"  This might be the last time I get to do this. If I do it that way, it increases the chances that it won't.^
Are you up for the challenge? Care to join me in really giving things our best? Let's try it, even for a week. I bet the outcome will delight our respective customers and motivate us as we tackle future projects.



No comments:

Post a Comment