Saturday, February 5, 2011

#400

A funny thing happened this morning. As I was reading the Bible passage that corresponded with the day's lesson in my devotional study, I was blown away by how relevant the words were to my present circumstances. I even got out my highlighter to mark some key phrases. When I returned to the devotional book to read today's lesson, I realized that I'd read the wrong Scripture passage. Instead of 2 Samuel 21, I'd read chapter 22. But, of course, since God works in unique and personal ways, I'm sure I read exactly what I was supposed to read. Here's an excerpt:
In my distress I called to the Lord; I called out to my God. From His temple He heard my voice; my cry came to His ears.
You are my lamp, O Lord; the Lord turns my darkness into light. With Your help I can advance against a troop; with my God I can scale a wall.
-2 Samuel 22:7; 29-30

Today's posting is #400. In the span of posts from 1 to 400, there have been many exciting experiences, discoveries, and changes, as well as One constant. For Him I am eternally grateful, especially as I consider what opportunities lie ahead.

To all of you, thank you for sticking with me and for reading this very personal collection of musings. I enjoy hearing from you, so keep those comments coming. 

No comments:

Post a Comment