Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Cold Weather Diet

In temps such as these, sometimes a hot, traditional meal can go far to help one warm up. Tonight I opted for a Korean dish that I'd been craving:  bulgogi bibimbap. It's tasty and colorful, and may even be healthy, too. The spicy red chili sauce (gochujang) did wonders to boost my internal thermostat. Someday, I'd love to familiarize the folks back home with my favorite Korean dishes... stay tuned.


In other news, the freezing weather -and incessant lesson planning and grading- has re-invigorated my taste for red wine. A colleague encouraged me to step out and try anything from South Africa. Lately I've been on a Pinotage kick^, though tonight it's a Shiraz. Bottoms up!


^South Africa's signature varietal; read more about it here:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinotage

No comments:

Post a Comment