Friday, June 3, 2011

Sound Candy


With the end of Spring semester rapidly approaching, the object of the game right now is PACING. So glad I opted to take a break from essay grading to attend a marvelous concert, the 7th Annual Yanghwajin Concert in Hapjeong.


My friend HG invited me to join her for what turned out to be an unforgettable evening of classical music, performed by incredibly talented and internationally diverse musicians. There was Kari Kriikku from Finland who plays the clarinet like no other (at one point, even lying down on stage); Wen-sinn Yang from Taiwan who breathed passion into his cello; and Mi-kyung Lee who excelled on her violin.


I was fortunate my parents raised me on classical music, and tonight I was treated to some beloved pieces by Mozart and Bach, in addition to works previously unfamiliar to me by Rossini, Mendelssohn, Vieuxtemps... and more.


And now, back to reality. Essays await...

No comments:

Post a Comment