Tuesday, June 7, 2011

180 Day


Today did not start off well. 

Anytime there's a trip to the Immigration Office on your agenda, you know it's not going to be fun. It's not so much that the office itself is bad (although it can be frustrating, particularly if you don't know Korean), but the commute from my place is ridiculously long. To top it off, I felt incredibly down as I went through the visa renewal process (can we say homesick?).

I made it to Omokgyo and back in relatively short time. Granted, I took a taxi back to campus, but it was money well spent (barring the two near-collisions we experienced). The day, however, picked up afterward.

Nothing like an email or letter from home, an impromptu chat with a friendly colleague, or a well-timed gift from a student to brighten the day. I experienced all of these blessings this afternoon, and they did wonders to boost my spirits. 

I must give all the praise and thanks to God. I remain perpetually astounded at how well He knows me -what challenges I can handle and when I need extra-reinforcement and encouragement.

This verse sums it up best:
If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast.  -Psalm 139:9-10 
When I returned home from work, I went on a brisk walk. So many pretty flowers caught my eye. Here's a sampling:




I capped off the day in my favorite fashion -cooking up a storm. Ironically, the meal's components were essentially all one color, but they complemented each other well and tasted delicious. Curious about the menu?
  • baked chicken breast, lightly seasoned with salt and pepper
  • mushrooms sauteed in white wine, olive oil, garlic, and a dash of butter
  • a glass of French white wine
Bonne nuit, mes amis!

No comments:

Post a Comment